3 teaspoons Oil, preferably Olive Oil or Peanut Oil
5 cloves garlic, or more as desired, crushed then diced
1 large brown onion, diced
1 kg Minced Meat, preferably Beef for Bolognese
2 x 810g tins crushed tomatoes - use blender to make smooth sauce1/4 cup sugar, or more as desired (3 ladle spoons for sweet-style)
1 teaspoon salt, or more as desired
a few sprinkles of freshly ground peppercorns
optional: oregano, dried bay leaf or other herbs
1. Saute garlic and onions in olive oil or peanut oil until soft but not brown
2. Add mince and salt, mix well, then stir every now and then until brown.
3. Add the crushed/blended tomatoes and herbs then mix well
4. On the stove top, simmer uncovered over very low heat for 2 hours. Make sure you stir it frequently, otherwise the meat on the bottom of the pot will burn
5. Meat sauce can be kept in the freezer for convenient thawing when needed. Use storage containers or packets according to required serving size.
14 May 2017:
Before serving, sprinkle mozzarella cheese or cheese melts then microwave for 1 minute or so until the cheese is melted
Post a Comment